Quietly Busy

I've been puttering away in the sewing room, pondering my next big project and trying to finish some of the smaller things on the list.  I've been planning for weeks to try to whittle my WIP's down to single digits by the new year.  That just isn't happening so far, though.  For instance, this past week the holiday workshop had to open up for the Trim the Tree Handmade Ornament Swap

Trim the Tree Handmade Ornament Swap design


These are made with linen, some favorite fabric scraps and extra thread for the details. 


ornaments


I'm even working on a Halloween decoration because I found a kit that I just couldn't pass up and couldn't leave until next year.  You'll have to wait a bit to see that one, though.  
Thankfully, I'm not planning on any turkey-themed projects.  

What about you?  Are you completely done with Halloween sewing?  
Anything for Thanksgiving?  Have you started on the gifts yet?

9 comments:

Lucy | Charm About You said...

Very cute!! I love the gnome, hahahahaha!!

Kleep said...

Those rule. I love those kind of decorations for a tree, it makes it so authentic (can a Christmas tree even be so?). Not all matchy matchy. Great idea!

stephmabry said...

The gnome's adorable! These seem like the sort of projects that would lend themselves very well to fussy cutting :)

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

I love these decorations!!

Carmen said...

I am currently crocheting Christmas gifts, plus I have a loooong list of things to sew. We'll see how many I actually get to this year! Love the little ornaments. :)

Anonymous said...

I can't stop thinking about these adorable little houses. It's my first project after turkey day!!! Have a great one!!

melissa said...

love-love-loving these!!
especially the gnome.

cmvs said...

ooh i totally love these! what a fabulous idea!

Hitch and Thread said...

I'm totally jealous of the tree these will be going on.

Post a Comment

You are awesome! Thanks for leaving a comment :)