Blogger's Quilt Festival--Spring 2013

If you are new to my little corner of the blog universe, welcome.  I'm thrilled to share one of very favorite quilts with the Blogger's Quilt Festival--Warm

hexie quilt finished!


This quilt measures roughly 32 x 28 inches, and is made of 258 different 1" hexies of my favorite  stash fabrics.  It is hand basted, hand pieced, hand quilted, and hand bound with an extra 76 hexies, just to finish the uneven edge.  I used a unique method from Amy of badskirt



This quilt was a labor of so much fabric and stitchy love that I'm so so proud to have it hanging on my wall in my sewing room.

beginning

hexie project


hexie quilt edging


hexie quilt edging


Now go check out some of the other amazing submissions to the festival!


AmysCreativeSide.com

I submitted my quilt in the Wall hanging Quilts Category.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Melinda! This is not the first time I'm amazed with your work! I love love this quilt! Is there really so many different fabrics? I'm trying to find next hand-sewing project but there is not even a hint of enough colours in my stash. Thank you so much for beautiful inspiration! x Teje

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

That must have been a real labour of love! It's very beautiful and I love the shape too :)

Prof. S (the enchanted bobbin) said...

So beautiful, wonderful to see this again! xx

CitricSugar said...

Great piece!! I know how much work hexies can be. Great finishing work, too.

karen said...

Proud you should be.... it's so beautifully done and those colors are just so happy!!

Rebecca said...

This is so gorgeous! I'd love to see a pic of it hanging up. I bet it is very cheery.

Jolanda said...

Your hexies are so colorful! Lovely!

Wendi said...

So beautiful and cool! Your work is perfection! Great entry in the festival.

cinzia said...

A labor of love indeed! So lovely. your fabric/color choices are perfect!

Jessica said...

This is so, so beautiful! Would definitely be great in the sewing room :)

Caroline said...

Just gorgeous!

Rachaeldaisy said...

Wow!! I love this!! Its so beautiful and so different too. i love your fabrics too, it's like a catalogue of my favourites.

Di said...

What a pretty quilt to have hanging on your wall! It must brighten up the room. It's a tribute to your skill and patience and I love your hand quilting too. Great work!

Di said...

What a pretty quilt to have hanging on your wall! It must brighten up the room. It's a tribute to your skill and patience and I love your hand quilting too. Great work!

Renee said...

Oooh, what a pretty quilt!

Post a Comment

You are awesome! Thanks for leaving a comment :)